Sarah is an Accredited Mediator who practices exclusively in the MST Lawyers’ family law team.
Prior to becoming a lawyer Sarah worked as a legal secretary for over 15 years in various areas of the law before deciding to follow a career as a lawyer. This experience has provided Sarah with a varied knowledge which can assist in dealing with family law negotiations.
Sarah was admitted to practice in March 2011 and since this time has primarily worked in family law.
Sarah has experience in all aspects of family law and Family Violence Intervention Orders. Sarah has a special interest in parenting matters including complex matters, parenting arrangements, and what is in the best interests of the children. Sarah acknowledges the effect that a family law matter can have on a person and demonstrates empathy and understanding in her approach. She also has experience in complex and other property and financial matters, relocation applications, contravention applications, family violence including Child Protection involvement.
Sarah’s experience in the legal industry spans over 25 years and with a focus on reaching a resolution in an efficient and cost-effective manner she will often look to alternate dispute resolution methods such as family dispute resolution, mediation and negotiation to resolve matters.
Sarah has a keen interest in collaborative law and providing assistance and mentoring to young lawyers.
Sarah is also available to assist with your dispute as a mediator.
Appointments with Sarah are available on request and by arrangement in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne
Areas of practice
- Parenting arrangements including high conflict and mental health issues
- Property and financial settlements including complex matters
- Relocation/abduction of children
- Spousal maintenance
- Same sex/defacto disputes
- Family/Domestic violence
- Private mediation and negotiation
- Family Violence Intervention Orders and Police Safety Orders
- 2023 – National Accredited Mediator
- 2011 – Admitted to Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia
- 2010 – Bachelor of Laws /University of New England
- 2005 – Advanced Diploma of Business (Public Relations) Victoria University
- LIV (since 2011)