Raynia is a Principal in the Corporate Advisory and Franchising team at MST Lawyers. She has extensive experience in commercial law, franchising law and leasing law. Raynia acts for many well known domestic retail chains and franchise brands in a variety of industries. Raynia’s expertise also extends to international franchisors who export to Australia or are considering expanding their operations into Australia.
Raynia dedicates her practice to advising franchisors in all aspects of franchising. Specifically, Raynia has expertise in:
- Structuring, restructuring and asset protection for franchise networks
- Acquisition and disposal of businesses, in particular, franchise networks
- Master franchising and area development arrangements
- Advising master franchisees, including the review of franchise documentation
- Drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents for franchisors
- Franchising Code of Conduct compliance
- Competition and Consumer Act and Australian Consumer Law compliance, specifically in relation to pricing and supply issues, misleading or deceptive conduct, unconscionable conduct and good faith claims
- Working with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Raynia also has extensive experience in retail and commercial leasing, and an intimate knowledge of retail legislation in all states of Australia. She conducts lease reviews, negotiation of lease terms and prepares standard leases and ancillary
disclosure documentation for national chain tenants.
Areas Of Specialty