Nasiya Goldberg is an experienced leasing lawyer with particular expertise in retail and commercial leasing.
Within MST Lawyers’ Commercial Property Department, Nasiya maintains a vibrant practice in retail and commercial leasing. Nasiya’s clients include property owners and tenants in all jurisdictions across Australia, who benefit from Nasiya’s strategic and commercial approach to leasing transactions.
For property owners, Nasiya drafts and negotiates lease documentation and ancillary documents, including disclosure statements, fitout deeds, agreements for lease, storage/seating licences, renewals and variations of lease. Nasiya also advises landlords on the applicability of retail leasing legislation to commercial premises and on issues relating to the ongoing portfolio management of leased premises, such as rent reviews, legal requirements associated with shopping centre redevelopment and demolition, renewal and assignments of lease.
Nasiya works closely with a number of retailers and variations of corporates and franchisors with national leasing portfolios. She ensures that the commercial agreements reached by landlord and tenant parties are correctly reflected in lease documentation and ancillary documents.
Franchisors benefit from Nasiya’s knowledge of franchisors’ specific obligations to franchisees under the retail legislation and her expertise in the preparation of disclosure statements for the occupancy licence between franchisors and their franchisees. Nasiya’s clients benefit from her commerciality, sensible approach and understanding of the broader property industry.
In addition to her experience in retail leasing, Nasiya also has significant exposure to the industrial and commercial leasing industry, including drafting and reviewing leases of premises used for warehousing, distribution and storage. Nasiya has a specific interest in advising landlords and tenants regarding the new regulation of the short-term rental industry, involving major service providers such as Airbnb.
Areas Of Specialty
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts Monash University
- Diploma in Legal Practice College of Law
- 2012 – Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Nasiya recently facilitated the successful negotiation of national lease terms between a major corporate tenant and ASX-listed landlord entity, including extended trading hours and minimal make good obligations at lease end.
- Nasiya also recently successfully advised a tenant in relation to its legal options under an existing lease of premises involved in a major shopping centre redevelopment.