Michael is a Principal at MST Lawyers. His practice focuses on all aspects of corporate advisory.
Michael joined MST Lawyers in 2003, and the focus of his practice is to provide advice to a broad range of high net worth clients including public companies. His clients benefit from his years of experience in large scale business restructuring, acquisitions and disposals, commercial document preparation, taxation law and litigation.
Areas Of Specialty
- Corporate advisory
- Transaction lawyer
- Commercial and taxation law
- Companies with turnovers exceeding $100 million
- Taxation disputes
- Providing advice as a board member
- Bachelor of Laws Monash University
- Bachelor of Economics Monash University
- 1984 – Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria and the
High Court of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Associate Member of the Tax Institute
- Family Business Australia
- Settled a major criminal taxation investigation. The negotiated outcome meant that the client avoided time in jail.
- Successful completion of a complex reorganisation for a major operator in the trucking industry to facilitate succession planning.
- Lead adviser on negotiation and documenting trade sale of a substantial business to an ASX listed company.
- Was on the board of directors, as an employer representative, of LISS – now known as Legal Super, a $3 billion superannuation fund.