James is an Associate in the Employment Law team at MST Lawyers. He began his career at the firm in 2013 and provides his clients with tailored advice in all areas of employment law.
James focuses on ensuring that his clients operate in compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 and meet their obligations as employers. He provides practical solutions to employers of all sizes from small family businesses to large multi-national corporations.
James’ experience involves acting for and assisting clients with:
- Drafting and updating employment contracts
- Compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009, enterprise agreements and modern awards
- Drafting and implementing enterprise agreements
- Preparing and updating workplace policies
- Managing the termination process in the workplace
- Handling large-scale redundancies
- Unfair dismissal and adverse actions claims
- Attendance at conciliations and hearings
- Managing the process of transferring employees and their entitlements following the sale of a business transfer
- Common law reasonable notice claims for both employers and employees.
Areas Of Specialty