Esther Gutnick is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Advisory and Franchising team with expertise in franchising law and commercial law.
Esther handles a variety of commercial and franchising matters, acting for both franchisees and franchisors. Esther strives to provide her clients with practical, commercially-sensible advice and resolutions. She focuses her practice on:
- Sales and acquisitions of franchise networks
- Advising and establishment of franchise systems
- Drafting of franchise documentation for Franchisors
- Franchising Code of Conduct compliance
- Assisting foreign franchisors coming into the Australian market
- Australian Consumer Law compliance
- Conducting franchise transactions
- Advising on breaches and terminations of franchise agreements
- Management of franchising disputes
- Reviewing franchise documentation and advising franchisees
- Sales and acquisitions of businesses, both franchised and otherwise.
Areas Of Specialty
- Bachelor of Laws Monash University
- Bachelor of Commerce Monash University
- 2006 – Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria (1995)
- Assisting several international franchise systems to commence operations in Australia.
- Assisting a large retail franchisor in managing the exit of several franchisees.
- Reviewing and amending franchise documents to accommodate recent changes in laws, including legislation around unfair contract terms.