+61 3 8540 0292 +61 409 215 943 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alicia Hill is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation in Victoria and Queensland, a Nationally Accredited Mediator, and a graded Arbitrator with the Resolution Institute.
Alicia’s practice focuses on three predominant areas:
- financial services, corporations and insolvency;
- competition and consumer including a special interest in franchising and small business; and
- regulatory actions.
Significant actions in which Alicia has been involved include:
- representing a franchisior and its directors in an action brought by a group of franchisees in the Federal Court of Australia (Victorian registry);
- representing a bankruptcy trustee in an action brought by a listed financial institution to set aside a deed of composition in the Federal Court of Australia (South Australia registry) where allegations were made about the trustees conduct;
- representing a business to negotiate enforceable undertakings with the ACCC in relation to perceived misconduct permitting the continued trade and conduct of the business;
- acting for a company to defend a $50 million class action brought in the Federal Court in respect of a failed agricultural machine involving cross-claims against the manufacturers
- representing a receiver and manager in the Supreme Court of Queensland to obtain injunctive relief preventing the sale of livestock assets by former partners of the partnership to which the receivers were appointed.
Alicia is a:
- fellow of FINSIA;
- chair of the FCA 2016 NFC Legal Symposium Organising Committee
- associate member of the Association of Corporate Counsel;
- member of the ACCC Consultative Committee for Small Business and Franchising, ARITA, TMA, Queensland Law Society Litigation Rules Committee, and State Chapter of the FCA Committee