Property & Leasing
Our Property & Leasing Team provides advice and solutions on all property, infrastructure and environment and leasing related matters at the local, State and Territory and national levels.
Areas of Expertise
- Leasing advice for national tenants, including negotiating leases.
- Drafting leases for landlords (retail, commercial, industrial) in all States and Territories including negotiating leases.
- Review and negotiation of ancillary documents, including letters of offer, storage licences, seating licences, car park licence agreements, subleases and deeds of assignment.
- Advice and representation in leasing disputes, including mediations.
- Legal and commercial advice in relation to rights, liabilities and legal and commercial strategies for the surrender and termination of leases.
- Advice on retail leasing legislation in all States and Territories.
- Developing standard leasing documents for large landlords and large national tenants in all States and Territories.
- Residential, Commercial and Industrial property acquisitions and disposals.
- Development work for landlords/vendors including commercial and residential off the plan developments, drafting agreements for lease, leases, advice on planning and subdivision issues, contracts for sale, owners corporation rules / by laws and reviewing, drafting & advising on Section 173 Planning Agreements.
- Due diligence on property acquisitions, including reviewing leases, advice on environmental matters, including zoning and planning issues and compliance with covenants.
- Property Joint Ventures, including drafting and reviewing joint venture agreements for property developments.
- Adverse Possession, including advising on and drafting of applications and supporting documents for submission to Land Victoria.
- Advice to real estate agents, including the recovery of advertising fees, marketing fees and commissions.
- Retirement Village Sales and Purchases
Free 30 Minute Legal Consultation
For further information, please contact our Property & Leasing team on +61 3 8540 0200 or fill in the form below.