Intellectual Property & Trade Marks
Our Intellectual Property & Trade Mark team provides commercial intellectual property solutions for your business needs.
We provide a range of services from the creation of rights, the expansion of rights into overseas jurisdictions, creating documentation for the exercise of intellectual property rights and enforcing those rights. Our Intellectual Property & Trade Mark Team understands the importance of adding value to your business through your intellectual property strategy. Working closely with our Corporate, Franchising and Litigation Teams, our Intellectual Property & Trade Mark Team provides the services set out below.
Areas of Expertise
- Reviewing and drafting commercial intellectual property documents including licensing, assignments, due diligence reports, co-existence agreements and others.
- Reviewing and advising on the Intellectual Property aspects of Franchising documentation, sale of business/restructuring projects and conducting audits.
- Filing trade mark applications in Australia and overseas, searching and advising on registration issues in Australia and overseas.
- Advising on rebranding projects including clearance searches and filing applications.
- Advising on and handling trade mark oppositions and removal actions.
- Conducting Watching services.
- Trade mark portfolio management in Australia and overseas.
Domain Names & Business Names
- Advising on conflicts, registrations and transfers.
- Enforcing Rights
- Advising on infringement, sending letters of demand and litigation.
- Lodging Notices of Objection with Customs and taking legal action to prevent the importation and sale of counterfeit products in Australia.
Our clients include many major franchisors and large corporations.