MST Lawyers is widely recognised as one of Australia’s leading franchising law firms. We advise franchisors, franchisees and suppliers to the franchising sector on all aspects of franchising.
We act for many new and emerging franchise systems and national and international franchisors who are household names in Australia or around the world.
We have solid relationships with reputable and professional franchise consulting and accounting firms which allows us to confidently refer our clients to specialists for advice and services that are traditionally outside what law firms can offer.
Our relationships with other professionals in the franchise sector and our international affiliations allow us to stay in touch with global franchising trends and developments.
Free 30 Minute Legal Advice – Book Now
Book your Free 30 Min Legal Advice with our Franchise Law team on +61 3 8540 0200 or fill in the form below.
Areas of Expertise
- Franchising Code Compliance
- Drafting Franchise Agreements, Disclosure Documents and ancillary documentation
- Sales, purchases and restructuring of franchise systems
- Sales and purchases of franchised businesses
- Strategic planning and advice (including asset protection)
- Multi-tiered franchising options (including master franchising)
- Capital fundraising Importing and exporting franchise systems to and from Australia
- Information technology agreements for franchisors
- Competition and Consumer Act Compliance (including dealing with ACCC)
- Drafting breach, termination and dispute notices
- Dispute resolution
- IP Strategy, Trademark registrations and portfolio management in Australia and overseas
What sets MST Lawyers apart is that we have a dedicated team of lawyers and law clerks specialising exclusively in franchise law.
MST Lawyers is a member of the Franchise Council of Australia.
- Assisting a number of well known Franchise chains with their Franchise networks.
- Preparing contracts for the establishment & roll out of franchise systems.
- Assist and advise Franchisees in relation to the purchase of a Franchise.
- Acting for an Australian franchisor with more than 500 franchise units in Australia in the ACCC review of its franchise documents for compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct and the review of its franchise agreement for unfair contract terms.
- Updating standard form agreements for franchisors arising from new laws regarding unfair contract terms and vulnerable workers.
- Adapting unit and master franchise documents for international franchise brands entering the Australian market.
See our other Legal Services today!