Our Family Law Team will listen to you, understand the things that concern you and provide sensible advice and a strategic plan to achieve the best solution for you. They will represent you in a way that implements your strategic plan and achieves your goals in the best possible way.
Areas of Expertise
- Assessing a client’s situation and advising the best legal options
- Suggesting expedient and cost-effective solutions in order to minimise emotional and financial stress
- Negotiating and drafting Binding Financial Agreements applicable to domestic (de-facto) and/or same sex relationships
- Negotiating fair and sensible outcomes for property division and children’s arrangements following the breakdown of marriages and relationships
- Representing clients in mediations and other dispute resolution processes
- Obtaining valuations of matrimonial assets, including complex business interests and corporate structures
- Tracing of assets/income streams and obtaining forensic accounting advice if appropriate
- Representing clients in contested court proceedings relating to property division, spousal maintenance claims, and/or urgent proceedings involving restraints and injunctions, e.g. sole use of former matrimonial home
- Representing clients in contested court proceedings relating to arrangements for children, including:
- parental responsibility
- who a child is to live with
- arrangements for a child to spend time with and communicate with a parent
- relocation issues (including the unlawful removal of children from the jurisdiction)
- passport disputes, and other specific issues
- Representing clients in child support and adult child maintenance disputes and negotiating and drafting private Child Support Agreements
- Negotiating and drafting superannuation splitting orders and agreements
- Preparing and appearing in Divorce Applications
- Representing clients in Intervention Order Applications
Our team includes lawyers who are Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialists.
Free 30 Minute Legal Consultation
For further information, please contact our Family Law team on +61 3 8540 0200 or fill in the form below.