Our Family Law Team will listen to you, understand the things that concern you and provide sensible advice and a strategic plan to achieve the best solution for you. They will represent you in a way that implements your strategic plan and achieves your goals in the best possible way.
Areas of Expertise
- Assessing a client’s situation and advising the best legal options
- Suggesting expedient and cost-effective solutions in order to minimise emotional and financial stress
- Negotiating and drafting Binding Financial Agreements applicable to domestic (de-facto) and/or same sex relationships
- Negotiating fair and sensible outcomes for property division and children’s arrangements following the breakdown of marriages and relationships
- Representing clients in mediations and other dispute resolution processes
- Obtaining valuations of matrimonial assets, including complex business interests and corporate structures
- Tracing of assets/income streams and obtaining forensic accounting advice if appropriate
- Representing clients in contested court proceedings relating to property division, spousal maintenance claims, and/or urgent proceedings involving restraints and injunctions, e.g. sole use of former matrimonial home
- Representing clients in contested court proceedings relating to arrangements for children, including:
- parental responsibility
- who a child is to live with
- arrangements for a child to spend time with and communicate with a parent
- relocation issues (including the unlawful removal of children from the jurisdiction)
- passport disputes, and other specific issues
- Representing clients in child support and adult child maintenance disputes and negotiating and drafting private Child Support Agreements
- Negotiating and drafting superannuation splitting orders and agreements
- Preparing and appearing in Divorce Applications
- Representing clients in Intervention Order Applications
Our team includes lawyers who are Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialists.
- Assisting a client with negotiating and implementing an enterprise agreement while navigating threatened protected industrial action by union bargaining representative.
- Successfully defending a client against a discrimination claim on the basis of sex and age in VCAT (Perekrestov v Ward  VCAT 115).
- Assisting clients in numerous other disputes in the Fair Work Commission, State and Federal Courts that have settled prior to trial.
- Advising clients on workplace policies relating to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Free 30 Minute Legal Consultation
For further information, please contact our Family Law team on +61 3 8540 0200 or fill in the form below.