MST negotiates technology investments – what financial crisis we say!
While the media reports doom and gloom in relation to the world economy, and in particular in relation to private investment, we are pleased to report that we continue to be very active in this area. In particular, we continue to see a lot of activity in the information technology and communications sector. MST acts for a number of high profile investors in this area who are constantly on the lookout for opportunities to invest in cashflow positive, scalable, growing businesses.
Some of the recent transactions MST has undertaken include:
- Assisting the well known and high profile internet entrepreneur, Domenic Carosa, in three transactions, being the purchase of 199Bongo from Commquest Limited; the subsequent purchase of the 199Bongo competitor, 199Query; and the investment by the Future Captial Development Fund (of which Domenic is CEO) in OurWishingWell.com. More information on Domenic and his investment activities can be found at www.dominet.com.au.
- A $3.5 million private equity investment on behalf of a well known investor, into an online business based out of Europe.
- The sale of an Australian RFID developer to a US purchaser.
- Numerous asset acquisitions with a focus on intellectual property and technology.
- Negotiations and strategies in dealing with leading US based Venture Capital funds.
The above transactions are only a small number of those that Darren Sommers has recently undertaken in the technology space. MST continues to be very active in this area and acts for a number of high profile investors who continue to look for opportunities. If you are interested in learning more about our services in this area, or wish to have a confidential discussion about your funding requirements, please contact Darren Sommers , John Sier or Michael Carr