Commercial Litigation Lawyer (3-6 years PAE)
We now have an exciting opportunity available in our Mount Waverley office for a highly organised and dedicated Commercial Litigation Lawyer in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising with clients, third parties, courts, barristers and witnesses;
- Attending client meetings, instructing counsel and appearing at mediations;
- Commencing and defending legal proceedings and run matters to hearing in all jurisdictions;
- Drafting advice to clients, court documents, briefs to counsel, letters and other correspondence;
- Exercising a degree of autonomy in managing your own files;
- Assisting senior lawyers with conduct of large and complex matters as part of a team;
- Assisting with management of law clerks;
- Marketing the services offered by the team and developing / maintaining a network of referrers with the assistance of the Principals in the team
To be eligible for this role you should possess the following criteria:
- At least 3 years’ experience as Commercial Litigation Lawyer;
- Great technical skills and commercial acumen;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and also autonomously;
- Strong verbal and written communication with exceptional attention to detail;
- Enjoy dealing with clients face to face;
- Flair for marketing and business development
If you want to the benefits of working as a part of high level commercial litigation practice, active career development through the firm’s mentoring and development programs challenging legal cases for well recognized clients and you meet the key selection criteria, then this is the role for you.
To apply or make enquiries about this position, email your CV and cover letter to Stephanie Tzintzis at email@example.com
Casual Law Clerk
MST Lawyers is a progressive mid-tier specialist firm which provides best practice legal representation servicing a diverse range of clients ranging from individuals, SMEs, national and international corporations (including publicly listed corporations), national retail groups including franchise groups, many of whom are household names throughout Australia and the world.
We now have a great career opportunity for a law student to join our successful Dispute Resolution & Litigation team as a Law Clerk. This role will commence in mid-January 2019 on a casual basis (approximately 2 days per week).
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who has an interest in commercial litigation, dispute resolution, insolvency and intellectual property and has:
* At least 2 years of their degree completed
* Exceptional research skills
* An ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent written and oral English ability
* Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook familiarity
We offer a friendly working environment, mentoring, on-going training and flexible work hours.
If this sounds like you, then email your application, including your cover letter, CV and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 30 November 2018.