MST's dedicated Industrial Relations lawyers have a detailed understanding of the new Fair Work legislation and its implications in industrial relations matters and disputes. They regularly appear in hearings before Fair Work Australia (and its predecessor, the Australian Industrial Relations Commission) and the courts representing a range of employers in industrial disputes against unions, including the CFMEU, AWU and the ETU.
MST’s industrial relations lawyers can provide practical and strategic advice on a range of matters, including:
- Enterprise and good faith bargaining
- Protected action ballots
- Industrial action / stop orders
- Right of entry
- Freedom of association
- Union disputes
Some of our recent matters include:
- Defending Federal Court claims brought by the ETU against an electrical services contractor
- Acting for an emergency services contractor in Fair Work Australia with regards to protected action ballots and unprotected industrial action
- Acting for a manufacturer of medical equipment in strategic enterprise bargaining with the AWU
- Representing a plastics manufacturing company in negotiating the terms of a new enterprise agreement with the AWU
- Advising a metals supply company during union investigations into occupational health and safety breaches
- Advising on union right of entry in a non unionized workplace
Click here to view our Workplace Solutions Fixed Fee Enterprise Agreement product.
Click here to view the Fair Work Information Statement which must be given to all new employees from 1 January 2010.
Click here to view the Small Business Fair Dismissal Code.
Our Key People
Related News Items
Click here to read all news items related to Industrial Relations