We understand and appreciate that you are concerned about privacy, particularly in relation to the use and disclosure of personal information. We are committed to maintaining a high level of privacy in relation to all personal information that is collected by us.
The types of information generally collected by Mason Sier Turnbull include your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and e-mail address. We may also collect or receive information about you in the course of providing services to you. This information could include business or financial information, as well as information that is commercially sensitive. Any such Personal Information is collected of and incidental to the services that we provide at your request. Personal Information may also be collected when you provide business cards or other documentation to us containing such Personal Information.
Through our website, we can only obtain such information if you send an e-mail message or complete an on-line form.
When you look at this website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical or security purposes:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you have accessed and documents downloaded
- The type of browser you were using
Use & disclosure of Personal Information
Any Personal Information that we collect will be used for the purposes for which it has been provided to us. This could include the purposes of providing legal services to you, or for the purposes of marketing our services to you.
In addition, where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add your name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and e-mail address to our database. The database may be used for ongoing marketing and educative purposes. If we elect to retain such Personal Information, you have our commitment to your privacy.
The type of marketing and educative activities that we undertake may include inviting you to events we host or forwarding material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to various legal issues.
If at any time you do not wish to continue receiving this information or other communications from us, we provide an "opt-out" procedure in each communication to you.
We do not use or disclose your Personal Information collected to any third party, without firstly gaining your consent (either express or implied or where it is required by law).
When emailing Personal Information to us, or completing an on-line enquiry, please be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting such information across the internet. Our website contains links to other websites. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the privacy practices employed at other websites. You should check those websites for their respective privacy policies.
Our web hosting provider gives a certain level of security in relation to visitors to our website. We cannot however provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to any security breaches in relation to our website.
We may use your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- To deliver the services you have requested (for example, to provide you advice in respect of the legal query that you have raised). In most circumstances it will not be possible to deliver these services if you have not provided us with your Personal Information.
- We may forward periodic mail outs to you that contain information on new issues and changes to the law that we think you will find interesting, or inviting you to events which we host or are involved with. If at any stage you decide you do not wish to receive such mail outs, please let us know by following our "opt out" procedure and we will ensure that your name is removed from the relevant list.
- We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to any other company or organisation, except that from time to time, we may outsource our database management or maintenance to a third party.
- We will not transfer your Personal Information outside of Australia, unless that transfer is required in order to deliver the services that you have requested and you have provided consent (either express or implied) to the transfer.
Opt out / amend procedure
In each e-mail or marketing newsletter that you receive from us, we will endeavor to attach simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from our mailing list. In any event, you may opt out from receiving promotional material by e-mailing email@example.com and asking to be removed from the mailing list. Alternatively, you can fax or mail a request asking for deletion. Our contact details are set out below. There is no fee due to us for any such deletion.
Access to your Personal Information
John Sier is our Privacy Officer and he will ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to amend information we hold about you because it is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish your Personal Information to be deleted from our database, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please contact our Privacy Officer if any of your personal details change and we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the information is up-to-date.
Mason Sier Turnbull uses all reasonable endeavours to secure any Personal Information that we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your Personal Information is stored on our internal servers behind a firewall .
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Privacy Officer: John Sier +61 3 8540 0200 or email@example.com.
Hard copies of this statement are available upon request.